It’s always amazed me how challenging it can be to find a coffee shop to enjoy a cup of coffee while your children play. Can’t a barista understand that the key to happiness may well exist at the bottom of an uninterrupted cup of hot coffee? I guess as a Mom I’m a bit biased. We wouldn’t want to cramp anyone’s style. 😉 But here are 5 local coffee shops that have a welcoming atmosphere for kids. Enjoy your coffee, parents!
Looking for some fun, family-friendly New Year’s activities in Kelowna? Here’s a quick guide to some fun ideas to ring in 2019 with your little ones!
When & Where: 6 pm- 9pm, Stuart Park Kelowna
What: Tons of free family fun downtown Kelowna including:
- Valley First Warm-up Zone” at the Kelowna Community Theatre (face painting, cartoons, games, crafts, inflatables in the Black Box Theater). Live entertainment from 7:00 – 8:45pm
- “Snow Zone” full of children’s activities and a visit by Rocky the Raccoon
- Free public skating
- Food trucks
- Free hot chocolate from RE/MAX Kelowna
- Live music (6:00 The Oot n’ Oots, Kindie Rock; 7:00 Hillside Outlaws, Country; 8:00 Kenny “Blues Boss” Wayne, Jump Blues)
- Fireworks! 9 pm
When & Where: 6pm, Big White Ski Resort
What: Family friendly activities and fun including:
- Happy Valley Après: Live music and free popcorn starting at 4pm. Tons of fun for kids in Adventure Park and the Ice Rink.
- Moose Lounge Celebrations: From 4-6 pm enjoy live entertainment and craft activities for the kids. A special New Year’s Eve Prime Rib buffet ($24.95/ per person; $12.00 for kids under 12) is on from 5-9 pm.
- Cosmic Skating: Lasers and a DJ will turn the ice rink a disco skating party! From 6:30 – 9:00 pm at the skating rink located in Happy Valley at the bottom of Lara’s Gondola.
- Fireworks Display: Two firework displays will light up the skies of Big White on New Year’s Eve. The first display is in Happy Valley at 8:15pm and then count down to the New Year in the Village Centre for a midnight display.
When & Where: 6:45 pm, SilverStar Village Centre
What: A not-to-be missed annual parade followed by a great fireworks display!
- Torchlight Parade at 7:30 pm
- Fireworks (approximately 7:35 pm following the parade)
New Year’s Eve at Home!
Last but not least, one of our favourite ways to ring in the New Year with little ones is staying home! Order in some take-out, or make a fun kid-friendly snack buffet, play some games, and count down at home. Netflix offers fun, kid-themed count-downs that you can play anytime you are ready to put the kiddos in bed. We love Zaab Thai Food and Yamato Sushi (and greatly miss Bordellos pizza!). If you are local to Kelowna share your favourite take-out location in the comments to spread the word on the best food in town! 😉
If you are looking for kid-free New Year’s Eve evens, Eventbrite has a full listing. And if you are crazy enough to take a dip in the lake on January 1st, check out the annual Polar Bear Dip happening at tugboat bay at 2pm. If you know of any other family New Year’s Eve events missing from this list, please let me know and I will be happy to add them!
I hope 2018 has been a wonderful year for you and your family, and you enjoy ringing in another fabulous year! Thanks for your support in reading my blog. xo
We are a holiday-loving family and I’m excited to share a list of local Kelowna family Christmas events and activities to enjoy! From brunch with Santa, to visiting a Christmas tree farm, or checking out some live theatre, there is so much local holiday fun to take in! I’ve categorized this generally under “types” of activities, and will continue to add to the list as details become available, so keep checking back! I hope you enjoy this holiday fun as much as we do!
Fall weather is here and it’s nearly pumpkin patch time! I’m a bit of a holiday addict (ok, a lot), and I love finding fun things to do with my girls to celebrate holidays and special events. Growing up, Halloween was my parents favourite holiday, so we were those people with the decked out house, dressed up parents, and “spooky” music. 😉 I guess I come by it honestly!
Here is a quick guide to some local Fall & Halloween fun for families in the Okanagan!