The Christmas countdown is on, and if you’re like me you’ve got a few last minute gifts to wrap up. I don’t love crowds, but I do love shopping when everything is so festive! (Perhaps not ever having worked in retail during the holidays has contributed to this. 😉 )
I’ve teamed up with Scallywags, my favourite local children’s shop, to give one winner a $50 credit to shop for those last minute stocking stuffers! Scallywags stocks quality products and beautiful small shop goods, this is truly the store to browse for the absolute best products! Entering is easy, details are at the bottom of this post!
I am seeking more meaning and less excess when it comes to gifts this year– the last thing we need is an giant sock full of junky toys…. #amiright? That doesn’t mean I’ll only buy things that the girls need (boring) but rather things that they will use. I spent some time browsing Scallywags sweet little shop and I’ve rounded up some of my top picks for you here! They have great options for both girls and boys, and cater to a wide range of ages, from babies through to pre-teens.
- Festive socks, of course! I mean those Little Blue House Moose socks? Come on! And I always include some underwear too (I guess I’m that Mom).
- Bows and barrettes– there is most definitely a bottomless bow pit somewhere in our house consuming All. The. Bows. We can really never have enough– Scallywags stocks some beautiful options from Macey & Co., another small shop fave of ours!
- Rachel Rainbow clip on earrings– the cutest! This sweet little brand creates the most adorable handmade and fun jewelry. Scallywags also has a collection of snap-on watches, a hit with older kids!
- A Wish bracelet by Carson & Kaitlyn, 9 & 6 year old local entrepreneurial siblings, who wouldn’t want to support this little duo?
- Bath Squigglers- my kids GO CRAZY for these (they not only fizz and make the water colourful, but they also have a little toy inside). This brand is non-toxic and 99.9% natural, made with food and soap grade Canadian and American materials, so it won’t stain your tub or your kids (seriously!).
- Play Laugh non-toxic nail polish, and our little preschooler will go crazy for these nail letter stickers!
- Original Sprouts lotion & hair detangler– the stuff smells amazing and is natural, organic and vegan.
- K’pure Naturals smooch super moisturizing lip balm– this company has a line of natural products perfect for Moms and babes! Plus this little lip balm will keep the girls out of mine!
- K’pure Naturals Dream Catcher spray– a calming spray to add to your little one’s pillow at bedtime. We just might need a bit of this following the holiday craze 😉
To Learn & Play:
- Art supplies– smelly felts are a BIG hit (check out these non-toxic ones!), as are sticker books, and Scallywags has a selection of different themes in stock.
- Of course Santa wouldn’t forget a toy to two– I know V is going to go crazy for this little Dinosaur Dig kit!
- Finally, always a book & a stuffy– this Little Humbugs doll and book set is perfect. These fairy dolls encourage imaginative play outdoors in nature and teach lessons of kindness and caring. She also comes with a little cocoon home that my girls will love!
Stockings were always my favourite thing to open on Christmas morning as a kid, and they still are! I think more than anything my kids love pulling each individual piece out of their stocking and digging inside for the next surprise! I hope this gift guides provides some inspiration to check those final items off your list.
If you can, please consider shopping local and supporting small shops this season! Don’t forget to enter the giveaway valued at $50 below!
The winner will be drawn on December 18 and notified on December 19. This contest is only open to Canadian residents. This contest is sponsored by Scallywags Kelowna.