Christmas Eve is a big night at our house, my family has always celebrated Ukrainian Christmas Eve with 12 traditional dishes. (And, of course our own modern spin on some of those dishes!) Its a big, loud, fun night and the tradition I remember most from my childhood. After a night of family and festivities I love tucking the girls into bed and reading them a Christmas story. It is, absolutely, without doubt, my favourite part of Christmas.
I’ve put together a Christmas Eve Box Gift Guide for the Littles- these boxes are perfect for any age, and are especially great for those hard-to-buy-for, have-everything kids. And, who doesn’t love seeing their kids in matching holiday PJs by the tree on Christmas morning? I mean is there really anything better? I love the idea of gifting these to friends and family to end off the Christmas Eve celebrations. You can package them in something like these fun Christmas Eve boxes, or pick up some simple craft paper boxes and dress them up with bows!
Christmas Eve Box Gift Guide: for the Littles
- Festive Pajamas: Everyone knows I’m a sucker for matching holiday jammies and Christmas ones are by far my fave! We start wearing them on November 1st 😉 Who can resist a little holiday plaid? Love this matching combos for boys and for girls. We’re already wearing these cute Fair Isle ones! (And they are on 60% off for Black Friday!)
- Stuffies: All kids seem to love them, so they can’t be missed on our list! Every single year as kids my sister and I got a Share-A-Bear. For each bear purchased (and they are only $11.70!) another bear goes to a child in need– in a shelter, hospital, emergency situation, or other charitable cause. These bears will surely make many kids smile over the holidays. If you are local to BC please check these out and consider gifting them!
- Christmas Books: We have a holiday book collection for every holiday that we pull out when the season arrives. Our Christmas one is growing big, you can check out our favourites for babies, and for preschoolers. I love displaying these in the girls’ rooms and in a basket in our living room.
- Slippers: We love cozy slippers and socks! These are similar to last years’ for the girls, which we got a ton of questions about! And these little reindeer ones are too adorable to pass up!
- Holiday Movies: A few of the girls’ current faves are Frosty the Snowman, Home Alone (Vienna thinks it is hilarious!), and Prep and Landing, which is short and fun! My personal faves are Christmas Vacation, Elf, and Four Christmases. Although now I feel like I could list 10 more! Comment below with your favourite holiday movie!
More Gift Guides
If you are looking for stocking stuffers or favourite toys for the littles, be sure to check out those posts!