Following up on this weeks Double Birthday Bash post I wanted to share my go-to frosting recipe. I’ve used a couple different ones over the years, but this latest one has stuck with me. It has the right consistency for piping decorations, and it is easy enough to adjust the consistency by changing the icing sugar amount. I also like that this one doesn’t call for vegetable shortening, which I find throws the taste off a bit.
Enjoy! P.S. If you’ve got a soccer fan in the house, check out these cute soccer cupcakes!
- 1 cup butter, softened (do NOT melt it)
- 4 cups icing sugar
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1TBSP vanilla (if you want a true white for anything make sure you use clear vanilla extract)
- Up to 4 TBSP milk
- Beat butter on medium speed
- Add 3 cups of icing sugar one at a time on low speed
- Add milk and vanilla, mix for 3 minutes @ medium speed
- To thicken add another cup of icing sugar (for piping roses, as seen in the girls birthday cakes, you need the 4th cup!)