Looking for some fun, family-friendly New Year’s activities in Kelowna? Check out our quick guide to ring in 2020 with your little ones in Kelowna!
When & Where: December 31, 6 pm- 9pm, Stuart Park and the Kelowna Community Theatre, Kelowna
What: Join in this annual family-friendly celebration to ring in the New Year downtown Kelowna! Tons of free family fun including:
- Valley First Warm-up Zone” at the Kelowna Community Theatre (games, photo booth, craft & colouring stations and face painting)
- Inflatables in the black box theatre courtesy of the City of Kelowna’s Park & Play program.
- Live musical performances
- Kid’s “Snow Zone” activity stations
- Free public skating on the outdoor rink
- Food trucks
- Free hot chocolate courtesy of FH&P Lawyers , glow and giveaways
- Fireworks @ 9 pm
When & Where: December 31, 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm, Kelowna Yacht Club, 1370 Water Street, Kelowna
What: The Grand Banquet Room will be filled with New Year’s eve family fun, including games and activities, snacks, warm drinks and more.
Make Kelowna Yacht Club a part of your night with a place to warm up and a spectacular venue for the fireworks at 9:00 PM. There is no cost or registration required to attend.
When & Where: December 31, 4:30 pm – 10 pm, Kelowna Curling Club, 551 Recreation Ave, Kelowna
What: Family New Years Eve on New York time at the Curling Club! Start at 4:30 with curling, followed by diner at 6:30pm. $25 per person
Register at the office: 250-762-3112
When & Where: 6pm, Big White Ski Resort
What: Family friendly activities and fun including:
- Happy Valley Après: The celebrations kick off at 4:00pm with live music and free popcorn! This is a great place for the parents to kick back and enjoy an evening with friends whilst the kid’s enjoy all of the fun in the Adventure Park and Ice Rink.
- Moose Lounge Celebrations: Come on down to the Moose Lounge this New Year’s Eve for a night of family-friendly fun. Enjoy a special New Year’s Eve Prime Rib buffet from 5pm – 9pm for $28.95/ per person and $14.00 for kids under 12.
- Cosmic Skating: Lasers and a DJ will turn the ice rink a disco skating party! From 6:30 – 9:00 pm at the skating rink located in Happy Valley at the bottom of Lara’s Gondola. Skating is FREE, but skate rentals can be hired from the rentals office located on the lower level of the Happy Valley Day Lodge.
- Fireworks Display: Two firework displays will light up the skies of Big White on New Year’s Eve. The first display is in Happy Valley at 8:15pm and then count down to the New Year in the Village Centre for a midnight display.
When & Where: 6:45 pm, SilverStar Village Centre, Silver Star Mountain Resort
What: A not-to-be missed annual parade followed by a great fireworks display!
- Torchlight Parade: at 7:45 pm watch as over 100 people ride down the pitch black run into the village…. With flares! This torchlight parade lights up Milky Way in a memorizing snake of alit red flares and is concluded by an awesome fireworks display.
- Fireworks (will start following the parade)
New Year’s Eve at Home!
Last but not least, one of our favourite ways to ring in the New Year with little ones is staying home! Order in some take-out, or make a fun kid-friendly snack buffet, play some games, and count down at home. Netflix offers fun, kid-themed count-downs that you can play anytime you are ready to put the kiddos in bed. If you are local to Kelowna share your favourite take-out location in the comments to spread the word on the best food in town! 😉
If you are looking for kid-free New Year’s Eve evens, Eventbrite has a full listing. And if you are brave enough to take a dip in the lake on January 1st, check out the Freezin’ for a Reason Polar Bear Dip happening at Tugboat Bay (1200 Water Street) from 1 – 3 pm in support of CRIS Adaptive Adventures. If you know of any other family New Year’s Eve events missing from this list, please let me know and I will be happy to add them!
I hope 2019 has been a wonderful year for you and your family. Thank you all so much for your support in reading my blog! xo