It’s no secret we love holiday books– we have a collection for each holiday of the year! Our Christmas collection has grown so large that I put together a Christmas book advent calendar! Below are 24 of our favourite Christmas books that are perfect for counting down to Christmas with children. Opening one book each day makes for a very special Christmas story time all December long.
24 Books for Christmas
- The 12 Days of Christmas
- How the Grinch Stole Christmas
- Bear Stays Up
- Little Blue Truck’s Christmas
- Disney’s 5-Minute Christmas Stories
- Frosty the Snowman
- Pick a Pine Tree
- Franklin’s Gift
- The Not Very Merry Pout-Pout Fish
- Why I Love Winter
- The Nutcracker
- Madeline’s Christmas
- The Little Reindeer
- Santa Duck
- How Santa Lost His Job
- Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
- Why I Love Christmas
- Olive, the Other Reindeer
- Finding Christmas
- Disney Christmas Storybook Collection
- Home Alone
- A Charlie Brown Christmas
- How to Catch an Elf
- The Night Before Christmas
How to Create a Book Advent
- Wrap each Christmas book and place them under the tree.
- Each day choose one new book to open.
- There is no order to how you open these books– rather the kids love carefully choosing which present they will open. (If there is a certain order to how you want the books opened, then number each one).
- End your book advent with The Night Before Christmas on December 24th.
For more kids’ holiday book collections, check out our Little Library page! Merry Christmas! xo