Summer is officially here! And there’s no better way to kick it off than celebrating our beautiful country. Here is a list of family friendly activities happening in and around Kelowna to celebrate Canada Day!
When: Monday July 1, 10 am – 10:30 pm
Where: Downtown Kelowna Parks (Waterfront Park, Jim Stuart Park, Kerry Park) & Prospera Place
What: Join in the fun with this annual, free community festival to celebrate our Nation’s birthday. Tons of activities and performances that are multi-generational and family-friendly.
- Taste of Canada – a food fair featuring foods from over 18 different vendors
- Made in Canada Marketplace – an artisan showcase of handmade, Canadian arts and crafts
- Canada Day Bazaar – a marketplace of unique items by local small businesses
- Canada Day at the Kelowna Art Gallery – Canada Day art fun and activities
- Primera Projects Kid’s Zone (Pioneer Gardens, Waterfront Park), 11:00 a.m. – 4:00 p.m.
- Folkfest Stage (Prospera Place), 10:00 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
- “Happy Birthday Canada” cake presented by Coldwell Banker Horizon Realty (at approx. 1:00 pm)
- Kelowna City Band Canada Day Concert 7:30 – 9:30 p.m.
- Parks Alive! Power Stage (Island Stage) supported by Power 104 FM, 12:30 – 9:30 pm
- TD Beach Stage supported by K96.3 FM, 12:00 – 10:15 pm
- Kiwanis Kid Stage supported by Country 100.7 (Pioneer Gardens), 11:00 am – 4:00 pm
- Telus Street Stage (Water Street near The Dolphins fountain), 12:30 – 4:00pm
- Youth Stage supported by 99.9 SUN FM , 6:00 – 10:15 pm
- Coast Capital Savings Fun Zone (Jim Stuart Park), 12:00 – 5:00 pm
- Century 21 Canada Day Fireworks presented by the City of Kelowna and Tolko (10:30 pm)
When: Monday July 1, 8 am – 4 pm
Where: Swallwell Park, 9950 Bottom Wood Lake Rd, Kelowna
What: The activities get underway at 8 a.m. with a traditional pancake breakfast, followed by a full day of stage entertainment and tent exhibits by local businesses and non-profit agencies. Presented by the Rotary Club of Lake Country, in partnership with the District of Lake Country and Heritage Canada.
- Children’s Art Creation Activity
- Children’s Garden Centre
- Vintage costume dress up and photos
- Model car races
- Live stage entertainment, featuring Classical, Folk, Celtic and Rock Music, and local dancers, beginning at 9 a.m. and extending until 8 p.m.
- Market area with food, crafts, and other products from local Lake Country merchants.
- Movie in the Park, featuring ‘Black Panther’
When: Monday July 1, 7:30 am – 10:30 pm
Where: Heritage Park, Beach Ave., Peachland
What: A fun filled day of family-friendly celebrations, including a morning beach run, kids’ activities, live music and entertainment, and the annual parade. The night ends with a fireworks show at 10:30 pm.
- Pancake breakfast, 8:00 am – 11:00 am
- Magician and kids’ activities and games all day in Heritage park
- Parade starting at 5:00 pm, heading south on Beach Avenue from 13th Street to 1st Street
- Fireworks at 10:30 pm
When: Monday July 112:30 pm
Where: Annette Beaudreau Amphitheatre/Memorial Park, 3737 Old Okanagan Hwy, West Kelowna
What: Celebrate Canada Day with concerts, magic, cake, and more! Admission is free; donations to the Westbank Food Bank are always welcome.
More Community Events
When: Monday July 1, 11 am – 2 pm
Where: Glenmore Fresh Fruit & Produce, 2429 Longhill Road, Kelowna
What: Free Hot dogs for Canada day! Stop by for a snack and some fresh fruit & veggies locally right from the heart of the Okanagan! Plus stickers, tattoos, balloons and more!
Do you know of some more fun events happening? Send them our way, we’d love to include them! xo