Family Day is February 18, 2019! It’s the perfect time to take in some fun family activities in your local community. Here are some Kelowna & area activities for you and your family to check out! Enjoy!
Kelowna 2019 Family Day Events & Activities
- What: Whether you ski or not, Big White is a fun family destination to check out! Our girls love the tube rides, skating, and especially riding the Gondola (which is free!). There is also the Family Channel Presents Big White Snow Ninja Challenge happening from 2:30 pm – 4:00 pm, giving competitors a chance to race through a ski village inspired ninja course. Plus, don’t forget Big White’s weekly Family Channel Carnival Night on Saturday night (February 16) featuring carnival games, bouncy castles, and free popcorn, cotton candy, and face painting.
- Where: Big White Ski Resort, 5315 Big White Rd., Kelowna
- When: Monday February 18, 2:30 – 4:00 pm (Ninja Challenge); Saturday February 16, 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm (Carnival Night)
- What: Check out the exciting Bubble Wonders Show and a visit from Kiki the Eco Elf! Arrive early as seating is limited.
- Where: NATC Auditorium, 123 Shortt St, Silver Star Mountain
- When: Monday February 18, 12:30 pm – 2:00 pm
- What: Join the Regional District of Central Okanagan Parks staff for an Agents of Discovery scavenger hunt. (Families are encouraged to download the Agents of Discovery app in advance to participate in a scavenger hunt). There will be toboggans, marshmallows to roast and there is new playground at Kaloya to test out!
- Where: Kaloya Regional Park, 16061 Trask Rd. Oyama
- When: Saturday February 16, 12 pm – 3pm
- What:Pony rides for children ages 3+ up! 15 per ride, all rides are instructed while horses/ponies are led by an experienced handler.
- Where: Kyra Londos Equestrian, 1267 Fathers Place, Kelowna
- When: Sunday February 17, 2019, 1:30 – 3:30 pm
- What: The Kinshira Performance Troupe will put on two fire performances, free for all to attend (this event is sponsored by Raymond James).
- Where: Stuart Park Ice Rink, Downtown Kelowna
- When: Monday February 18, 2019, 5:30 pm and 7:00 pm
- What: Fun and games for the whole family including Park & Play Bouncers, Zorb Soccer, Rocks & Rings, active games and a free skate (bring your own helmet!) Plus speed skating, figure skating, and sledge hockey demos by the Kelowna Speed Skating Club & Kelowna Skating Club. This is a free event; donations to Jumpstart are appreciated.
- Where: Capital News Centre, 4105 Gordon Dr., Kelowna
- When: Monday February 18, 1 pm – 4 pm
- What: Join in a fun family dance party for all ages with a DJ and fun party games! Admission is free.
- Where: Parkinson Rec Centre, 1800 Parkinson Way, Kelowna
- When: Saturday February 16, 6 pm – 8:30 pm
- What: Try out some artistic family fun at the Kelowna Art Gallery! This is a bonus day to their regular family Sundays. Kids can explore printmaking and create their very own one-of-a kind printed tote bag. $5 per participant. There will also be family-friendly exhibition tours at 11 am and 2 pm.
- Where: Kelowna Art Gallery, 1315 Water Street
- When: Monday February 18, 10 am – 4 pm
- What: Explore this temporary exhibition of children’s art from the Nk’Mip day school with special activities, storytelling, and more. This program is designed for parents and caregivers to stay and make memories with kids. Suggested donation of $10 per family.
- Where: Okanagan Heritage Museum, 470 Queensaway Ave., Kelowna
- When: Monday February 18, 11 am – 3 pm
- What: Have fun and be active together as a family! Free admission at the Kelowna Family YMCA (KFY) and the Downtown YMCA (DTY); 50% off admission at H2O Fitness & Aquatics! The KFY will also offer public swimming all day (9 am -5 pm), a family barre class (11 am – 12 pm), plus crafts, a bouncy house, a rock climbing wall, activities in the gym, and face painting. They will also run a charity concession for snacks and drinks. The DTY will offer family spin classes. More details coming soon!
- Where: Kelowna Family YMCA, 375 Hartman Rd.; H2O Fitness & Aquatics, 4075 Gordon Dr.; and Downtown YMCA, 1011-505 Doyle Ave.
- When: February 18, 2019, 9 am – 5 pm
- What: The Three Little Pigs, a “very curly musical tail” is perfect for the whole family! This new version of the classic story is full of catchy songs, clever rhymes and silly charm, but also has some very smart things to say about home and family.
- Where: The WorkRoom (2600 Enterprise Way), Kelowna
- When: Performances run February 14- 24. Contact Kelowna Tickets for showtimes and ticket prices. (Note there are no showtimes on Feb. 18).
West Kelowna 2019 Family Day Events & Activities
- What: A free Family Day dance emceed by DJ Krucial K, sponsored by the Province of British Columbia.
- Where: Westbank Lions Community Centre, 2466 Main St, West Kelowna
- When: Monday February 18, 6:00 pm to 8:00 p.m.
- What: Free public skating courtesy of the BC Government Employee and Service Union. Limited skates and helmets are available for use, so please bring your own if possible.
- Where: Royal LePage Place, 2760 Cameron Road, West Kelowna
- When: Monday February 18. The Parent and Tot Skate takes place from 10 am to 11 am and the Family Skate is from 11:15 am to 12:30 p.m.
As always we love sharing local activities and events for families to enjoy! Please let me know if anything is missing from this list and I’ll be happy to update it! Enjoy your family time. xo